Our postcode is TQ9 7HH but please do not rely solely on satellite navigation systems to get you to us, you may need our directions for the last part of your journey!
Do not go into Cornworthy, follow the signs to Tideford and Dartmouth.
Check in time is 4pm onwards for all accommodation. If you arrive early, we suggest you stop off at one of the creek side pubs at Tuckenhay or maybe go into Totnes or Dartmouth, if you need to stock up on goodies,
Travelling from Exeter...
- Continue on the A38 following signs to Plymouth
- 23 miles beyond Exeter, leave dual carriageway at Buckfastleigh, signed Dartmouth and Kingsbridge
- As you turn left onto the A384 zero your speedo trip meter. It is 10.9 miles from here to Gitcombe House. The numbers in ( ) act as way points along route.
- Follow signs for Totnes (last petrol station before Gitcombe is here)
- As you reach Totnes town, turn right at traffic lights (5.4) onto the Kingsbridge Road the A381.
- Follow up hill and go straight over next set of traffic lights
- Turn left (6.3) into lanes signed Ashprington, Tuckenhay and Cornworthy.
- Turn right (8.1) at blue sign 'unsuitable heavy vehicles', also signed Bow Bridge, Tuckenhay and Cornworthy.
- Downhill and over small bridge, the Waterman's Arms pub is in front of you, keep the river to your left.
- Through Tuckenhay Village, following signs to Cornworthy and Dittisham. You pass another pub, the Maltsters Arms, on your left.
- Turn sharp right at top of steep hill (10.1) signed Dartmouth and Tideford. You are almost here now.
- The entrance to Gitcombe House is on the right (10.9), look out for our stone pillars (engraved Gitcombe House) either side of the entrance. Follow the driveway down hill for quarter of a mile until you come to a Georgian house (Gitcombe House) and the cottages. Mind the speed bump right at the end of the drive!
The Hayloft, Gitcombe House, Garden House and Coach House are located immediately off this driveway – see the site plan on the cottage section of our website. All the other barns are located behind Gitcombe House.
For safety purposes, we operate a 'one way' system around the row of barns, behind Gitcombe House. When driving up the gradient, towards the barns, keep the barns on the driver's right hand side, proceeding around the barns in a clockwise direction.
The Coach House and the Garden House have their own parking directly outside the property. Parking for all other properties is in the general car parking area behind the row of barns.